Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mountain Stitches

While in Gatlinburg for an anniversary vacation, J and I came across Mountain Stitches by Susan a cute little quilting shop nestled in the Great Smoky Mountains. While there, I discovered this great Christmas fabric called Merry and Bright by Moda. I absolutely loved the fun graphic prints. Susan had just finished this quilt, using all Merry and Bright prints. I was inspired by her quilt, and purchased a pack of fat quarter to try and make my own quilt. (It may not be as big as hers, but I'm going to try and give it a shot!) While discussing her quilt, Susan so graciously offered to give me her scrap fabrics from the quilt! How awesome is that!!

Susan's beautiful quilt!!


My purchased fat quarters, and Susan's scraps in the back!
I'm nervous to start working on any project involving these prints! I'm scared I'll cut something wrong and ruin the whole piece! AHH! Wish me luck!! :)

Thanks again to Susan at Mountain Stitches! If you are ever in Gatlinburg, be sure to go to the Arts and Crafts district and check her shop out! I know I'll be back!



1 comment:

Amanda Jean said...

susan's quilt is fabulous, too!